Our CSR Vision
At Indegene, we believe that our corporate mission “to create and deliver solutions for health care and life sciences today and tomorrow by integrating our expertise in Analytics, Technology, Operations and Medical Science” not only drives our business activities but also represents the essence of how we can contribute to the social development and betterment of our community, country and the world.
Consequently, we view our business goals to deliver value to our clients, employees and shareholders as being co-existent and aligned to our corporate social responsibility (CSR) to meaningfully contribute to the development and sustainability of the societies that Indegene is a part of and to undertake socially useful programs. It is imperative on us as a responsible corporate citizen to “do good while doing well”.
Our CSR policy and initiatives revolve around harnessing our medical and technology expertise and combining it with the collective desire of our team to make an impactful contribution to improving the health of our society.
We believe that equitable access to healthcare is a fundamental human right and is a core constituent of social and economic development. We also believe that health awareness and education are important engines for the improvement of health outcomes in our society.
We therefore partner with a wide spectrum of stakeholders to enable universal access to healthcare, to develop and deliver solutions that serve to increase health, wellness and disease awareness among the public at large and to enhance the level of education among health professionals.
Scope of Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR committee)
The CSR Committee will carry out the following functions:
- Recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities referred to in the CSR Policy
- Monitor the implementation of CSR projects or programs or activities undertaken by the Company, on CSR Policy from time to time
To align our CSR activities with our corporate mission, the Company will preferentially undertake initiatives falling under Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 related to, but not restricted to:
- Promoting and improving health care including preventive, maternal health care and sanitation
- Promoting education and awareness, including special education
Further, the Company shall upon the recommendation of its CSR Committee and with necessary approval of the Board as part of its corporate social responsibility initiative, undertake activities in the areas which are defined in Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013, as amended from time to time; & such other activities that the Board may consider appropriate in pursuance of the Company’s Vision in this area.
Management of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Indegene promotes CSR initiatives under the guidance and supervision of a CSR Committee constituted by the Board of the company. The CSR Committee is mandated to carry out the following:
- Lay down the company’s CSR vision, philosophy, policy and priorities
- Communicate the company’s CSR policy to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate CSR proposals and recommend allocation of appropriate resources to the Board
- Mobilize and energize internal stakeholders to participate and take responsibility for CSR activities
- Forge partnerships with external stakeholders to help achieve the company’s CSR vision
- Monitor progress of CSR activities and assess their social impact
- Report on the status of the company’s CSR activities
The Company may upon the recommendation of the CSR Committee and with necessary approvals from the Board create a Trust through which some CSR activities may be carried out, funded and administered. Separately, the Company may also directly fund and administer internal and external CSR initiatives.
The CSR activities of the Company and the CSR Committee shall conform to the requirements of the Companies Act, 2013, the Rules made thereunder, as amended from time to time. The surplus arising out of the CSR projects or programs or activities shall not form part of the business profit of the Company.